The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) has just announced that the second Beta release of BEopt Version 2.0 is now available. More information available at http://beopt.nrel.gov.
From NREL’s e-blast:
This is a major rewrite of the BEopt software platform to enable improved functionality. This beta release is for purposes of testing and evaluation — we welcome your comments and feedback.
Note: We do not recommend using this version for project analysis, because it is still undergoing testing and any project files and library options that are created with the Beta version will likely not work with the final Version 2.0 release. BEopt 1.3/BEoptE+ 1.4 are the current official release versions.
New features include:
- Lots of performance, memory, and file size improvements across the board
- California Utility Cost Test metrics
- Optimizing over different metrics
- PV & whole-house efficiency incentives
- Heating/cooling HVAC sizes in output screen
- New technologies:
- Electric baseboards
- Heating recovery ventilators
- Electric tankless water heaters
- Expanded options in many categories (particularly for retrofit)
- Detailed report
- A new modeling framework (batch simulations)
- Lots of bug fixes